Terms & Conditions
Use of this site is provided by Penny Appeal, subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
1. Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
2. Penny Appeal reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
4. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to Penny Appeal are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will Penny Appeal be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
5. Penny Appeal does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
6. Copyright restrictions: Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from Penny Appeal. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by Penny Appeal to use any item displayed. Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not Penny Appeal). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
7. Penny Appeal takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet Sites.
8. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is and will be treated as nonconfidential and nonproprietary information.
10. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
11. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
Penny Appeal is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We use the information we collect about you to help us understand more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications about Penny Appeal that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise. The ‘personally identifiable information’ is information that enables us to identify you, such as your email address, name, title, and address.
Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
1. What personally identifiable information does Penny Appeal collect from me?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that we pass to your computer’s hard disk through your web-browser so that the website can remember who you are and remember your gift information. Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you.
For more information about cookies, please see http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
For instructions on how to stop cookies being installed on your browser, please see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
2. How does Penny Appeal use my information?
Penny Appeal uses the information we collect about you to help us with understanding more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise.
3. Who is collecting your information?
When you are on the Penny Appeal website and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with Penny Appeal alone unless stated otherwise. For example, when you are buying your gifts in the secure online shopping area, you are going through to a partner company, PayPal and it is clear on the donation page when you are going through to the PayPal site.
4. With whom does Penny Appeal share your information?
As a general rule, Penny Appeal will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. When you are using our secure online shopping area you are going through to a partner company and the information you give such as your credit card number and contact information is provided so that the transaction can take place. Penny Appeal does not sell or rent user information to anyone.
5. What is Penny Appeal’s policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personally identifiable information?
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to Penny Appeal. We are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that Penny Appeal maintains about you. In the meantime, if you change email address or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at email@example.com with the details.
6. What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
When you give Penny Appeal personal information, it may be stored and processed outside of Australia and we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Penny Appeal cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.